CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lolz @ Cadillac

Nikolai

If only these cars were RWD :(....

and these were bolt on: http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/stsv06_engine.jpg :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

The crossover bothers me too. There are two things -- the bend about a foot from the header, and the fact that the front cylinders have about three more feet to the cat than the rear cylinders. Since the pipes will have two resonances -- one due to the volume and one due to the lengths of the sections -- they will determine the RPMs of two torquie high points. The volume one is OK but the front cylinders will have a broad resonance at very low RPM due to the very long pipe. The mid-range is prbably helped by the volume resonance in the exhaust and a separate one at higher RPM in the intake manifold. The big kick at high RPM is probably the resonance in the rear cylinder pipe and the fuel injection intake runners. The bend in the front header pipe shouldn't affect this.

Better overall performance would be obtained if the exhaust headers were smooth tubes, 4-to-2-to-2, and fed to a collector or cat about 18" later. You would have to have a collector in the front suspension area to do this with a FWD.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

be intresting to see what the new body style DTS/Lucerne crossover looks like.

The Green's Machines

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

it is a good idea to look their for improvements.

besides adding VVT and changing some of the intake, the RWD northstars gained over 20HP and over 20FT-lbs of torque. I'd imagine better exhuast flow has something to do with that.

The DTS/Lucurne being rated the same as before, I think I'd agree with you.

The Green's Machines

Archived