CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 Eldo rough ride

Astrak

I checked the trim height according to the FSM and found the driver side to be 1" lower than the right so I adjusted the height sensor and now the car is still out of tolerance and the driver side is still about .7" difference from the passenger side. I adjusted the height sensor as far as it could go to raise the car I know that all the struts are working properly and when I push down on the back of the car over each spring it is hard to push down and there is no bounce so I assume the spring are good. Is there anyother way to adjust the height so that they match?

Did you look at the height sensors on both sides? Also, make sure that the struts and shocks move freely and that you don't have worn bushings or cracked springs.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Ok I checked again today and the driver side is exactly at 8.7 in. the passenger side is at 9.6 in and both sides move about 0.3 when adjusting the height sensor. I can also hear a small air leak on the passenger side after it raises the car also going over small bumps in the road I can hear light thud from the rear passenger side wheel, so now I am stumped anyone have any ideas or anything that would help.

try spraying some soapy water on the rubber part of the struts after they have filled with air. If you start seeing little bubbles all over your struts are leaking and will need to be repalced. All of mine were leaking on my 92 eldorado. It was making the ride terrible, and when ever I carried anything in the trunk for more than 20 minutes, it would gradually cause the car to sink down. Maybe this is realted to your problem? I got some quotes on fixing it, but ended up trading her in before I ever did the repairs. Good luck!

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Archived