CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anyone running with Continental tires?

Logan

Have 4 new set sitting in garage. How to they compare to the standard Michelins? These are from TireRack..

Everything 17' 2006 at Cadillac dealership are now using these...

Exception being the DTS optional 18's are using Bridgestone..

I have those tires on my Seville. I bought a set of '06 Buick Lucerne wheels, with the Conti's. They are an okay OEM type tire. Adequate dry traction, good wet traction, and if I had to guess, good snow traction. They are a quiet tire, that offers a smooth ride. There are definitely better tires out there, but they aren't too bad. If you drive aggressively alot, you will not be happy with them. But for general driving, they are pretty good. I like them.

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

• 2 weeks later...

The Conti's are a great all season tire and one of the reasons that they are starting to get used more on OEM fittings. They are a bit noisier than the Michelin's but way cheaper to replace. The ONLY downfall I have found w/ the Conti' brand (and this goes for any type of vehicle not just Caddys) is that you have to do your rotations religiously if not more frequently or they will get severly choppy on the tires that stay in the rear longer. For some reason they can't handle not being under the weight of the engine and trans to keep the road slap (no matter how slight) from cupping them and shifting steel belts around on them. Great tires just remember to rotate and check the wear patterns on the rear occasionally to see if you need to bump up the rotation schedule.

Archived