CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS blue tooth problems

Jaclynn

Just got a new STS with a navigation system, but I've been experiencing so many problems with the blue tooth phone that I've not been able to get an appreciation of the car.

The radio doesn't always shut off when I get a call and sometimes I can turn down the volume with the volume control, but that also turns down the volume of the caller. Sometimes none of the volume control buttons work including the mute button. I can't even turn the radio off.

Today I told the person calling that I would call them back because the radio wouldn't go off, but then my phone wouldn't connect to the system at all or let me make a call just using the phone. And then it sometimes works perfectly.

I have a Katano phone made by Sanyo.

I'm not very "techy" so this is driving me nuts!! Can any one help?

Jaclynn

Have you tried re-pairing the phone to the car blue tooth system?

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Just got a new STS with a navigation system, but I've been experiencing so many problems with the blue tooth phone that I've not been able to get an appreciation of the car.

The radio doesn't always shut off when I get a call and sometimes I can turn down the volume with the volume control, but that also turns down the volume of the caller. Sometimes none of the volume control buttons work including the mute button. I can't even turn the radio off.

Today I told the person calling that I would call them back because the radio wouldn't go off, but then my phone wouldn't connect to the system at all or let me make a call just using the phone. And then it sometimes works perfectly.

I have a Katano phone made by Sanyo.

I'm not very "techy" so this is driving me nuts!! Can any one help?

Jaclynn

Bluetooth being a relatively new technology is always getting updated.

I would check to see if your phone has any software updates to it (check with who you bought the phone or the company who makes it) and also check with your dealer for any updates and compatibility issues with the STS system.

Cars are getting more and more like computers and thus the headaches of wireless equipment are transferring over.

I'm guessing your wondering right now "what happened to the days where I could just plug the phone in and all was well?" I said the same thing about my internet, configuring wireless internet can be a pain in the butt.

Out of curioustity did you spring for the STS V8 or V6 and with or w/o AWD?

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

It looks like you have a great phone:

http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/handsets/ind...?productID=1319

It supports Bluetooth Version 1.1 and HSP, HFP, DUN and OPP (vCard) profiles.

Your message above did not come through... I would re-pair the phone to the car.. I am sure that Cadillac supplied you with instructions on how to do that.. Or I would stop back to the dealer.. This should work fine considering the how new your phone is.. Be advised that you COULD have a problem with the phone or car bluetooth.

see this thread:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=bluetooth

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Bluetooth being a relatively new technology is always getting updated.

I would check to see if your phone has any software updates to it (check with who you bought the phone or the company who makes it) and also check with your dealer for any updates and compatibility issues with the STS system.

Cars are getting more and more like computers and thus the headaches of wireless equipment are transferring over.

I'm guessing your wondering right now "what happened to the days where I could just plug the phone in and all was well?" I said the same thing about my internet, configuring wireless internet can be a pain in the butt.

Out of curioustity did you spring for the STS V8 or V6 and with or w/o AWD?

I got the V8 but I don't know if it is AWD. I had a 99 Eldorado before with a built in cell port that worked great . Thanks for your input. So far, there are no updates for my phone.

I got the V8 but I don't know if it is AWD. I had a 99 Eldorado before with a built in cell port that worked great . Thanks for your input. So far, there are no updates for my phone.

One way to check to see "what options" other cadillacs have is their rear ends.

The Standard V6 STS (SRX also) don't have the Northstar nameplate/badge fixed to the trunk. To tell if it has RWD or AWD next to the letters STS there will either be small "exponenet" 4 for AWD or just simply STS for plain old RWD. For the V-Series besides the changes to the looks all around there is a V-Series logo on the rear, and front quarter panels or doors, the STS/XLR also have the Supercharged lettering next to the V-Series logo. At some point (believe it was when the STS was introduced) they changed from haveing the lettering "32 Valve Northstar" to just simply a nice looking badge.

Either version is good and I'd probibly spring for the AWD being in the Buffalo area but I have to say its always nice to have some RWD fun anytime of the year and with Stabiltrak and Traction control RWD isn't so bad in the snow.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

One way to check to see "what options" other cadillacs have is their rear ends.

The Standard V6 STS (SRX also) don't have the Northstar nameplate/badge fixed to the trunk. To tell if it has RWD or AWD next to the letters STS there will either be small "exponenet" 4 for AWD or just simply STS for plain old RWD. For the V-Series besides the changes to the looks all around there is a V-Series logo on the rear, and front quarter panels or doors, the STS/XLR also have the Supercharged lettering next to the V-Series logo. At some point (believe it was when the STS was introduced) they changed from haveing the lettering "32 Valve Northstar" to just simply a nice looking badge.

Either version is good and I'd probibly spring for the AWD being in the Buffalo area but I have to say its always nice to have some RWD fun anytime of the year and with Stabiltrak and Traction control RWD isn't so bad in the snow.

It's rear wheel drive. Thanks for the lesson on how to tell.

This is a common problem with the STS. I have an 06 as well and I had a Verizon Razr that worked really with vehicle when I first got it but still had the problem that you described. I then got a Treo 700w that a little work to get it to pair with car but I was able to but 50% of the time, when a call comes in, it displays the previous calls number and about 80% of the time, the radio doesn't mute either. Again, it seems to be a common problem across the board. Hopefully Cadillac will come out with a software update.

Max

Archived