CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

code PC0741

Larry

Phil, we need a complete new topic on your CTS please. what year / model / color / options did you end up with? photos?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Pulled it apart last night and everything looked pretty good in there. A small amount (about the size of a quarter) of what I suspect is clutch materal in one corner of the pan and some silver paste on the magnet.

I think that silver paste is clutch material.

My dashboard is reading SERVICE TRANSMISSION. The car is shifting normal through all 4 gears. The code says TCC is stuck in off position. I have a feeling this will be expensive. Thanks :(

My Wife's 96 ElDorado had this same code 2-3 months ago. I cleared it and all was well until this weekend. Today I called the local Caddy dealer and they said it was the torque converter (TC) and it needed replacement. No diagnosis required it’s always the TC they said. $2000.00 to fix it. Yeah right!!

Took it to my local tranny shop and he hooked up his analyzer and we went for a test drive and he showed me how the TC was not locking up, then cleared the code and it started working but was showing excessive slippage. In OD the slippage reading was running around 130 @ 55 mph and should be around 10-20. If not fixed then it continues to slip more than it should creating excessive heat and eventually burns up the tranny he say’s. If you leave the code in place then same thing happens eventually. The TC lock up feature is designed to reduce heat. His complete rebuild cost is $2500 vs. dealers $2000 to just replace the TC.

I checked the fluid condition when I got home and it's smelling burnt. Doesn't sound good.

Any experts out there that can confirm this.

Steve

Drive with the vehicle in 3 so that OD does not engage and no damage should occur.

Archived