CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Pump & Clutch

woody

Hello All,

I just took the ol girl in after my air stopped working a couple of weeks ago and was informed my AC pump, Motor and some odds and ends need to be replaced to get it back to normal. What would be a fair price? I got a cost of $700. I also need to know if any of these parts would effect the heat? <_< Thank for listening

Woody

If you took it to a dealer, the A/C compressor alone, new with lifetime warranty on parts and labor, is $650. I'm not sure what motor you mean, but the HVAC (Heater, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) motor is the same for the heater and air conditioner; if it goes out, you have neither.

Other things that can affect the heater and air conditioner are the vaccum hoses and diaphrams that operate the HVAC ducts, switching between dashboard vents and under-dashboard vents and controlling the temperature, by mixing A/C cooled air, heated air through the heater core, and switcing between intake of outside air and inside air.

I think that you should pull the dianostic codes and post them here. This page will thell you how to pull the codes:

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

With the diagnostic codes and a little back-and-forth, we probably can tell you exactly what's wrong with the car. Then you will have a good idea of what it would cost to fix it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hello All,

I just took the ol girl in after my air stopped working a couple of weeks ago and was informed my AC pump, Motor and some odds and ends need to be replaced to get it back to normal. What would be a fair price? I got a cost of $700. I also need to know if any of these parts would effect the heat? <_< Thank for listening

Woody

You will have to give us a little more details on why they suspect the a/c compressor. As far as affecting the heat, it will not. There is a belt you can buy to bypass the compressor until you get it fixed. It is 73.9" or 74" long.

Archived