CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

In need of information

94ENS

I have a 94 Eldo with NS engine. I have read some posts that recommend disconnecting the the battery to bring the computer control components back to their default settings. In talking to a mechanic he told me that if you do that you have to go through a very involved process to reset the engine idle control. Has anyone had this experience?

In the owners manual of my 92 Seville, there are step-by-step instructions on how to have the car "relearn" idle etc after disconnecting the battery.

The instructions for the 92 Seville would not apply to your car however, take a look in your owners manual and see if the instructions are listed there. They are not difficult, at least for the 92 Seville which has the 4.9L engine.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

i have done learning only once after replacing the ISC motor. i disconnected the battery many times in four years and NEVER performed learning and the car performs beautifully!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

i have done learning only once after replacing the ISC motor. i disconnected the battery many times in four years and NEVER performed learning and the car performs beautifully!

This is true also. You don't have to make your engine "relearn" anything. Just drive the car at a steady, easy pace for about a day or so and it will have relearned on its' own. Just expect that the engine might run a bit rough for a while.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived