CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What year NSs fit a '99 Deville? Need Help

Kato

I have a '99 Deville DeElegance and my dealer has a NS that had only 2k miles before they had to fix a casting pinhole in the coolant jacket. They ended up putting a new engine in and they have the old one laying around. The problem is, he said that a one piece coolant manifold engine (throttle body housing is part of the manifold) will not fit my 2 piece type engine. Is that true? I'll try and find out what year and model car that engine came out of.

Can a 2000 engine from a seville be adapted to fit? Ranger, I'm posting on both sites to try and get as much input as I can, thanks for the replies.

I noticed. Since I answered on the other, I won't here.

Can a 2000 engine from a seville be adapted to fit? Ranger, I'm posting on both sites to try and get as much input as I can, thanks for the replies.

Not without a LOT of work. The 2000+ engines have coil on plug ignition and the ECM wiring and controls are different than the '95-'99 version.

I have a '99 Deville DeElegance and my dealer has a NS that had only 2k miles before they had to fix a casting pinhole in the coolant jacket. They ended up putting a new engine in and they have the old one laying around.

All they really needed to do to fix the porosity was to add the GM cooling sealer pellets.... It's a shame that the owner of that car probably got hosed for $6000 when $3 would have sealed up the leak....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think the crank sensors may be different and in a different location in the 2000+ engines.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think the crank sensors may be different and in a different location in the 2000+ engines.

I posted this on the other side....they are different but can be made to work. No details but it was not a bolt together. Custom fabrication necessary.

I would guess the desire for an engine swap is failed headgaskets? If so, in my opinion, Timeserting the existing engine would be much less work than getting the 2000 engine to work with the '99 electronics.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived