CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

sping adustments (UPDATE)

davedog

Alright, got my springs adjusted, I just thought I would post how I did it in case anyone else needs the info.

I reposted the pics so you can see what I'm talking about. If you want to see the origanl post look for "spring adjustment"

spring_close.jpg

spring.jpg

It is a two person job. One person gets in the trunk and holds the little green notched peice level with vice grips....it is also his responsibilty to guide the spring into the correct notch.

The second person holds the trunk up as far as it will go, and takes a 3 foot peice of 1 inch pipe and slips it into the hooked part at the end of the spring where the notches are.

He pushes the spring out of the notch, while the second person guides it into the correct notch.

It took us a couple tries on each spring to get it right, but just moving it one more notch in (to the middle notch) on both sides, gice us enough springyness. B)

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any questions.....so nice to have the trunk go ALL the way up BY ITSELF :D

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Fabulous!!! This is good information. At least we know now that it would require the help of a friend or buddy to get this job done right.

Thanks!!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

"I called up the guy at the dealer that adjusted my springs. He put them at the last slot (greatest tension) to help them lift my "spoiler enhanced " deck lid. He used a PUSH BROOM, with a piece on conduit slipped on the end. The conduit was flattened (on the end), with a slot cut into it, to grab the spring end. The bristle end against the chest of a hefty guy, leaning and pushing, while the "HELPER" repositioned the spring" Glad you got the springs adjusted AND it seems what the dealer guy told me was close enough.

rek

Archived