CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

When I get done with the STS, what will it sell for?

The Fred

I have to sell it and I'm hoping that with the new a/c and with it running fine again soon... it should bring at least five, right? It's a Z-Rated STS with 117k on there

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Look at the Kelley Blue Book:

http://www.kbb.com/

I've found that it's a pretty accurate guide unelss you have a very special car and find a very special buyer. I'm not sure what the Z rating is worth. I have Z rated tires on my ETC but haven't asked my dealer about removing the 130 mph governor.

I did a quick check for a 1994 STS on the KBB site and, in South Jersy, "Good" condition, from an individual, with Bose sound, sunroof, the 12 CD changer, and factory chrome wheels, I got $5140. In Kansas, where you have more open roads for the STS, it might be worth a little more. There was no check box for Z rating.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

When you advertise the car as a Z rated STS, make sure you also note that the car has S rated tires, which are good only for 112 mph. You don't want an uninformed buyer going out and blowing his tires at 140 mph because he thought they were good for more.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Good thinking,

When I was ready to sell it to a guy I had told him I think three times that he would not want to do over 100 or so on these tires.. Though I believe in "his own damned fault", when it comes to something like that, I probably would have noted it on the bos as well.

Look at the Kelley Blue Book:

http://www.kbb.com/

I've found that it's a pretty accurate guide unelss you have a very special car and find a very special buyer. I'm not sure what the Z rating is worth. I have Z rated tires on my ETC but haven't asked my dealer about removing the 130 mph governor.

I did a quick check for a 1994 STS on the KBB site and, in South Jersy, "Good" condition, from an individual, with Bose sound, sunroof, the 12 CD changer, and factory chrome wheels, I got $5140. In Kansas, where you have more open roads for the STS, it might be worth a little more. There was no check box for Z rating.

That aint too bad,

I bought the car because I thought I could get six for it.. so there I was pleased and thrilled like a guy with four housemaids because I was going to finally own a Northstar AND make some money. I was killing two thieves with one rock.. but then one of the rocks fell on me since I'm ending up with so much money in the automobile. Worth it but painful B)

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived