CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

91 Seville Rear Air Shocks

msb113

Is there away to convert the Air Shocks so that I may adjust how much pressure is in them...

Just changed front struts to passive, along with new mounts and sway bar links so the CCR is disabled.

These 91 Seville's seem to always lean towards the rear or at least has the appearance that it does.

Is there a conversion kit I can purchase or make that will allow me to disconnect from the stock compressor and add some hose and a connection so that I can fill it at my leasure to the pressure I desire?

The wife is out of town so no honey do list... Time to play with the car :)

Thanks for any help guys...

Mark

I had a bonneville a number of years ago that had an adjustment on the sensor switch at the rear axle. You could set it so the car rode higher. Maybe the Seville has an adjustment.

Bob B

I am looking at that right now... Pulling off the little bar that connects to the axle and the control arm for the sensor... there has to be away to adjust it... if anything I will get a little longer bar.

Well going to look into it a little further now... will post back later on findings

Thanks,

Mark

Could it just be time to replace the rear shocks as well?

Well the air shocks are working fine, it's just that the Sevilles of these years just look low in the rear end even from the factory... can't stand it!

:)

Mark

I had a bonneville a number of years ago that had an adjustment on the sensor switch at the rear axle. You could set it so the car rode higher. Maybe the Seville has an adjustment.

Bob B

I am looking at that right now... Pulling off the little bar that connects to the axle and the control arm for the sensor... there has to be away to adjust it... if anything I will get a little longer bar.

Well going to look into it a little further now... will post back later on findings

Thanks,

Mark

Could it just be time to replace the rear shocks as well?

Well the air shocks are working fine, it's just that the Sevilles of these years just look low in the rear end even from the factory... can't stand it!

:)

Mark

Well managed to raise the car 1" from 28" from ground to top of wheel well to 29" Now i'm happy :)

TC

Mark

Archived