CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HELP - Need DVD navigation for 2001 DHS

etucker4

GM has NOT updated the CD maps for the 2001 DHS navigation system since I bought the car and I desparately need updated maps for Texas or a supported replacement navigation system with current maps. I am moving to Texas and rely heavily on the navigation system. What are my options short of buying another car?

GM has NOT updated the CD maps for the 2001 DHS navigation system since I bought the car and I desparately need updated maps for Texas or a supported replacement navigation system with current maps. I am moving to Texas and rely heavily on the navigation system. What are my options short of buying another car?

What brand is the Nav system in the car? There are ways to get updated maps besides going thru GM

Posted Image

There is a way to install the DVD system from the 2002 and up models in the 2001 cars, but I'm not sure that it will work if you have the CD-based navigation system from the factory. I know the CD system has the radio and CD-ROM drive in the trunk, and just the display unit in the dash. Anyway, check out the link below. Good luck!

http://www.advantageautomotive.com/Cadilla...nstructions.htm

Charles

Charles

Archived