CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Log on/off

I have a tendancy to get distracted and walk away, forgetting to log off...Is there a default setting that will give us 'the boot' when we wander off..?

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

After 15 minutes of inactivity you are no longer shown as Active on the board.

Do you think that is too long?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi...

I forgot to log off again last night and it appears as if I'm still logged in 20 or so hours later.

I wish that it would log me out after 15 minutes of inactivity...

Sooner or later, I'll get the heck of posting images and be able to use this board to the fullest.

It's really a fun and informative group to be in.

Take care,

Exedman

Hi...

I forgot to log off again last night and it appears as if I'm still logged in 20 or so hours later.

I wish that it would log me out after 15 minutes of inactivity...

Sooner or later, I'll get the heck of posting images and be able to use this board to the fullest.

It's really a fun and informative group to be in.

Take care,

Exedman

Yea, I log on at work and keep coming back periodicaly to check it and it seems like I just stay logged on. In this instance I am not complaining. It does make it easier.

Well, maybe we are talking about different things. What I meant was that after 15 minutes of inactivity, you are no longer shown as active at the bottom of the site page. Now, if you 'walked away' from the computer though, the page would not refresh until you got back, and would still show you as active on your page. On other reader's pages, after 15min you would not show as active. If you refresh your page, you are no longer inactive, so you are shown as active.

Log in/out on the other hand is how often you would have to enter your name & password; on my computers I leave the browser cookie to remember my login so I don't have to type it in.

Bruce

Bruce...

I must be logged in because I just made a post about Climate Control and after forgetting to log off last night and shutting down my computer, I have come back tonight and at the top it says log off. Do you suppose I am logging in automatically???

Also, where do I go to get info on posting images?

Thanks again for a great information site!

Exedman

If you log out, then you will need to log back in with name & password. I guess this is good if you are using a computer with multiple users. I just leave my computer logged on so I don't have to log in each visit.

To add an image to a post, attach it as a file to the message.

Bruce

Archived