CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C Blower doors

I have a 2002 DHS. Yesterday the A/C quit blowig through the vents. The blower motor is working - I can hear it loud and clear, but it appears that the doors must all be closed. As it is a holiday weekend, no mechanics are available. Any suggestions on how to "unstick" the doors? Are these pneumatically controlled?

Thanks, Bill

I have a 2002 DHS. Yesterday the A/C quit blowig through the vents. The blower motor is working - I can hear it loud and clear, but it appears that the doors must all be closed. As it is a holiday weekend, no mechanics are available. Any suggestions on how to "unstick" the doors? Are these pneumatically controlled?

Thanks, Bill

The doors are controlled by electric motors which you have probably discovered by now. I'll ask Bruce to move this post to a more visible location.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks, Bill

The doors are controlled by electric motors which you have probably discovered by now. I'll ask Bruce to move this post to a more visible location.

The mechanic said he could replace the electric actuator. The part is only $72, but the labor is over $500. He said the entire dash must be removed, but he has never done this before on a Caddy. I'm more than a little nervous about having him do it. Is removing the dash very difficult on this model?

Bill

Bring us up to date on the diagnostics that have been performed. What DTCs are you getting?

Have you tried selecting 90 degree air (on both driver and passenger) and a few minutes later selecting 60 degree air to try to free up whichever actuator is not responding?

Also try toggling through the various MODE selections and see what happens.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Before removing the dash, remove the glove box and the hush panel underneath the dash. The '97 acuators where accessable from those locations. Not sure about the '02.

Thanks, Bill

Have you checked to make sure someone didn't close the vents? If the actuators were stuck, there would still be air flowing from the vents - just not the proper temperature. I would find a different mechanic - the whole dash doesn't need to be removed to access the actuators... one actuator is behind the glove box and the other is accesed by removing the passenger side hush panel.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived