CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OFF TOPIC???

davedog

I LOVE this board and visit it often, but I have a suggestion:

I really like hearing whats going on with everyone, but at the same time, when I'm looking for actual cadillac-repair-related stuff, it can be an annoyance to have alot of Off-Topic threads to go through.

Now I am IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM agaist off topic posts ( I post many myself, including this one :lol: ) But how about a seperate "OFF TOPIC" section for just what-ever?

What do you all think - dumb idea???

OPINIONS PLEASE! :D

-dave :P

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I am guilty of getting involved with some of the off topic stuff and will strive not to going forward. The problem is that this is kind of a family and its natural to stray in your discussions, but you are right. Mike

Sometimes I get pulled in by a topic that I am passionate about to say the least! ;)

off topics which contribute to division of our great crowd should be avoided by all means, and those members who start them do not do anything good IMHO

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

off topics which contribute to division of our great crowd should be avoided by all means, and those members who start them do not do anything good IMHO

Well,..perhaps I’m guilty of this indiscretion from time to time, but let’s think about this for a minute…I’ll use my “Radio” post as an example. Remotely on topic, it involved a Cadillac radio in a thinly veiled disguise at political humor. Merely an attempt to interject a bit of levity into a site where some of us, IMHO occasionally take ourselves a little too seriously... Perhaps something like this post may detour into a bit of a debate. So what, it happens. It’s a forum! Aren’t we all responsible for our individual behavior and resulting actions?

Which brings me to a point. If one is reading a thread that for some reason annoys, or upsets them in some personal way, one can always choose to skip that thread and move on to something else, yes? Nobody is forcing anybody to read or respond here. The fact that something bugs someone personally, does not necessarily dictate that it bothers the majority… ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I don't think there's a newsgroup on the Internet that does't have it's share of Off Topic discussions. I think back and forth discussions, including off topic discussions adds to the "flavor" of the group and presents a more human aspect of the group. I think when visitors come here and see how friendly and playful we all are with each other, it makes them feel more comfortable and welcome, I know it did with me and because this newsgroup has a good search tool as well as very helpful people, it's not too hard to find what you're looking for whether on or off topic.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived