CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Rail Recall

KHE

I just got back from the dealer - they replaced the fuel rail on my '96 Seville. The service writer said that mine did not need to be replaced but they are replacing them all. <_< I found that odd as the bulletin stated that the rails that did not have the ink-jet identifying print on them were the ones that required replacement. I inspected mine last night and it did not have the GM-Type xxxx printing on the old rail.

It is nice to have the stainless fuel rail although cleaning the EGR valve promises to be more difficult since the stainless lines probably won't flex enough to clear the EGR valve base.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You need to contact your dealer. You should have received a recall notice in the mail by now.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'm set to go to the dealer on Oct. 5th for the FR recall. They said it will take about two hours. No biggy, my appointment is at 9 AM. I know there are a lot of SH breaks, coffee, general waking up things that will stretch the job, and I usually bring donuts. I plan to do the usual, sterilize the car and engine, and take off the top cover. I'll hit the connections with a toothbrush and make everything look like it was made yesterday. Several Techs have commented on how CLEAN the car is. I tell them I do it so they won't get dirty. It works, good service and a smile...

rek

Archived