CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Letter From GM

Dear Bruce W. Nunnally,

First off, I'd like to thank you for being a GM customer. Your current and future business means a lot to us. Given all of the recent media coverage about GM, I am writing you today to address some questions you may have, and to assure you that we are here to stay and ready to serve you.

As you may know, GM is using an expedited, court-supervised process to accelerate the reinvention of our company. At the core of that reinvention is a commitment that we will put the customer first in all that we do — starting with great cars, trucks and crossovers, and the best sales and service experience possible. We want to earn your trust in several ways, including:

Your GM Dealers — They are very much open for business and ready to meet your sales and service needs. And even though we are seeking buyers for our Saturn and Saab brands, have just announced the selection of a buyer for the HUMMER brand, and have decided to eventually phase out Pontiac, those dealerships also remain open and ready for service. The bottom line is service for your vehicle will always be available through authorized GM retail and service facilities by GM-trained Goodwrench experts, with Genuine GM Parts on hand.

Your GM Card — Your GM Card Earnings1 will continue to be honored in accordance with the Program Rules. You can keep using your Card at more than 18 million outlets where MasterCard® is accepted, to accumulate Earnings and redeem them toward eligible, new GM vehicles.

Your Next GM Vehicle — At this, the most important moment in the history of our company, our dedication to high-quality, fuel-efficient and outstanding-value vehicles has never been greater. Purchase a new GM product, and we stand behind it with a U.S. government-backed,2 comprehensive 100,000-Mile/5-Year Powertrain Limited Warranty.3 Combined with Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation Programs, it is the Best Coverage in America. As I said before, our GM dealerships are very much open for business, and banks and credit unions are lending and continue to offer some of the best rates available to qualified buyers. To find information about GM dealerships in your area, please visit GM.com/vehicles/dealer.

Your General Motors — For over 100 years, GM has fueled America's passion for the automobile. Propelled by the spirit and commitment of our people, we will become the New GM, a company that makes Americans proud, and one that can compete successfully with anyone in the world. All of us at GM are confident that we will emerge a leaner, stronger company for you, offering the most compelling vehicles possible from our Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac brands. I invite you to stay up to date on our promising new future by visiting GMreinvention.com.

As I said at the outset, we are genuinely grateful for your business, and we hope that you'll stay with us. If you are considering buying a new vehicle, please review a special offer for our owners. Then, visit GM.com/owner to see how this can be combined with other current incentives — it's our way of saying "Thank You" for your ongoing support.

Sincerely,

Troy A. Clarke

Troy A. Clarke

Group Vice President

President, GM North America

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

From any point of view, there has never been a better time to buy a GM automobile. If they do manage GM like a business as this letter states unequivocally that they must, GM will be a market and innovation leader in three years.

A hint: The SUV hybirds are great, and the GM stable of hybrids is industry-leading:

• Chevrolet Malibu
  • Saturn Aura
  • Saturn Vue
  • GMC Yukon
  • GMC Sierra
  • Chevrolet Tahoe
  • Chevrolet Silverado
  • Cadillac Escalade
But, where's the Chevrolet Aveo Hybrid? It matches the hybrids for fuel economy right now with its gas engine, and with the hybrid you have an opportunity to blow away the Prius and Civic hybrid. What a halo car that would be in this day and time, better than the Volt because it's an instantly viable alternative as a daily driver for the urban car wars. And, the volume you would get with a CTS hybrid might turn Cadillac into a cash cow that would sustain Cadillac as a technology center for GM through these very difficult times. Hybrids in the entry and mid levels that everybody can buy as a daily driver might well become a staple for the near term for all GM divisions.

That's just my opinion as an informed consumer, of course; GM Corporate management knows the business far better than I ever could. Time-to-market, development cost, and ROI are all paramount right now and my wish list doesn't address those immediate overriding priorities. The immediate corporate management challenge as I see it is to persuade the UAW that they must let GM management make the strategic and tactical decisions for GM in response to the marketplace is the only hope for their pension fund to prosper, and to convince Congressional leaders that indulging wish lists from politicians is not an affordable luxury in these trying times, so that you can do the best possible job for GM. If GM management succeeds in both these, GM will almost certainly prosper. Again, GM corporate management knows this very well.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived