CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blower noise

kcd1184

Yesterday when I went out for errands, I noticed a noise that I believe is coming from the air unit. It sounds like a small strip of paper hanging on the front face of a table fan, flapping semi-fast. It does not make the noise on High, or at least I can't hear it.

Any way something could have gotten into the blower and hung up? Probably something wearing out and just sounds like flapping. Any ideas or suggestions.

Kent

Yesterday when I went out for errands, I noticed a noise that I believe is coming from the air unit. It sounds like a small strip of paper hanging on the front face of a table fan, flapping semi-fast. It does not make the noise on High, or at least I can't hear it.

Any way something could have gotten into the blower and hung up? Probably something wearing out and just sounds like flapping. Any ideas or suggestions.

Kent

I had a similiar noise, that would was present at startup over the winter. I never figured out what it was. The noise either went away, or I've learned to block it out, as I can't recall hearing it for sometime now. Those noises can drive you nuts I know!

Could be a mouse nest. :o I had one build in my fan on my 92 Deville. I was having my oil changed the other day in my 94 Concours and while the car was on the rack a mouse came down the inside of the wheel. It looked to see what we were doing and then jumped down and ran of into the tire shop. I do not know where it came from. I have not checked my air box yet. I found dog food in the air box of my 92 Deville one time. I know my dog did not put it there. :D

Archived