UPDATE: TRUNK DAMAGE

davedog

Well I'm sure you all remember this: :angry:

p2150064.jpg

Well check this out: :D

p3130005.jpg

Another shot:

p3130004.jpg

I'm very pleased, you can't tell it was ever hit! And to think that is the same trunk!

Total costs were $375 for the trunk repair, and $100 for the chrome peice new from the dealer, which I put on myself (with the help of you all ;) ). So just under $500 and it's as good as new! WooHoo!!!! :lol:

Anyway, I ended up liking my trunk without the Sirius reciever so much that I put in under the glass, and so far it still picks up the signal just as good. Here's a pic (sorry for the poor quality):

p3130007.jpg

Thanks to everyone on this board for all the help!

Tell me what ya think ;)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Not sure what camera you use, but a polarizing filter will eliminate that problem of reflection and glare on glass.

If you are using an autofocus camera, you will need a "circular" polarizing filter, otherwise, a regular polarizing filter will work with a manual focus camera.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I just took a closer look at the photo you took directly at the rear of the car, straight on, with the driver side door open. The driver side exhaust pipe looks "pushed in and bent outward" on the car.

And from what I can see, the trunk looks good. Just watch for leaks over the next few weeks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

yeah, just the angle, I was sleepy, and the light wasn't the greatest, I know, the pics suck, but what about the TRUNK?!? :blink:

The trunk looks great. Do the colors match correctly to your eye? The image won't show if they do or don't.

Just make sure you check for leaks over the next few weeks. An easy way to do this is to leave lots of unrolled paper towels along the trunk bottom and around the edge by the gasket and see if they come up damp or wet, especially after it rains or when you wash the baby.

The trunk looks great. Do the colors match correctly to your eye? The image won't show if they do or don't.

Just make sure you check for leaks over the next few weeks. An easy way to do this is to leave lots of unrolled paper towels along the trunk bottom and around the edge by the gasket and see if they come up damp or wet, especially after it rains or when you wash the baby.

colors match perfectly! If I hadn't backed into the truck myself, I would have never believed there was any damage! ;)

It never leaked even when it was dented, because it only affected the outer shell, and not the seal.....but good thinkin'

I'm so excited to just drive it around again. before I felt like everyone was just looking at the big dent...lol. I'm just weird that way :lol:

Archived