CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Navigation Upgrade

Maximln

Gm has a new website devoted to updating your navigation discs. If you purchase or lease a 2006 or newer, you are automatically eligible to receive 2 free navigation disc upgrades. You can register on the site and they will automatically notify you and then send you an upgraded disc free of charge. You can also order and purchase navigation disc upgrades from the site as well. Once you input your VIN number, the site automatically knows if your vehicle is equipped with the factory navigation system and if there is an upgrade for your vehicle, which there always seems to be one. I just got my car in January and there is already an upgrade for it! You also input all your contact information so the site can notify you when there is an upgrade available. I don't know of any other automobile manufacturers that offer free upgrades AND have a website that takes care of it so easily! GO CADILLAC!!!

Max

GM Navigation Disc Upgrade

Max:

I have a 2006 STS with NAV and it's a cool and useful tool. Since it's new I don't need an update now but will want one eventually. I wonder how often they update...I'd hate to use my 2 free ones in the first 6 months, maybe I could space them out?

Scott

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Scott,

Unfortunately, there already is a Navigation disc upgrade for our car. When you buy a car new, I'm sure the navigation disc info must be at least a year old and think how much new construction goes on and how many businesses open and close in that time period. I'm not exactly sure how the upgrade process works. There is one available and I signed up so I'll let you know as I get more info.

How do you like your car so far? What packages did you get on it?

Max

Scott,

Unfortunately, there already is a Navigation disc upgrade for our car. When you buy a car new, I'm sure the navigation disc info must be at least a year old and think how much new construction goes on and how many businesses open and close in that time period. I'm not exactly sure how the upgrade process works. There is one available and I signed up so I'll let you know as I get more info.

How do you like your car so far? What packages did you get on it?

Max

Max:

I like it a lot, then again, what's not to like on a $50K car. I traded in a Mercedes to go back to Cadillac - more car for the money.

It has the "C"' package with AWD, so it has just about everything feature wise. I especially like the keyless entry/start/lock feature. I had that on a 1996 Corvette and really liked it - so far it works well. The NAV is fine, too. And, I guess XM radio is addictive but I'm too old school to pay for radio. It has some voice activiated features - I have it set to Italian so she talks sweetly to me but thus far haven't learned enough of the language to activate any features (intentionally, anyway) yet.

It's 20MPG for the V-6 for now (700 miles) I expect it to go up 20%.

The ride is excellent and it's a bigger car on the inside than you'd expect just sitting in one at the dealer. The high beltline/steep windshield rake combo takes some getting used to. You sort of peer out of the car like on a Hummer.

I'm happy.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Well I just subscribed and it wants to sell me a disc for $199, i'll just wait and hope i get a free one. The Nav Disc that came with the car was dated 2003. Talk about an upgrade..... THANKS for the info B)

Archived