CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gasohol

Ed Fenwick

Aloha,

I understand that we in Hawai'i are going to gasohol soon! Do our cars run well, does the alcohol cause any problems such as leaking fuel? I used it in my old Ford in the 80's and ihe smell was nice but I am not sure about a '92 Seville.

Thanks for your help Ed

Well if don't work in the car, ya can probibly make one *smurf* kickin Mai Tie. LOL

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

** Whew, got the edit in time...LOL

Ed, it looks like your exempt from this worry. Now that I read closer that you have a pre North* '92 with stainless lines. ;)

Aloha,

I understand that we in Hawai'i are going to gasohol soon! Do our cars run well, does the alcohol cause any problems such as leaking fuel? I used it in my old Ford in the 80's and ihe smell was nice but I am not sure about a '92 Seville.

Thanks for your help   Ed

Cadillac and other auto manufactures (Olds for one) don't seem to do well with fuel additives (including alchohol). Too high of a percentage may be having a degrading effect on the poly components of the fuel injection lines (rails). There has been much discussion on this subjsect here and elsewhere, and now Oldsmobile has generated a recall for the Aurora 4.0L engines. In all of this, fuel additives are highly suspect, and creating potentially dangerous conditions.

I'd stay away form anything except what your motor was designed for...100% gasoline if possible.

** see the post on 4.0L NS recall**

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived