CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Feature: 3 letter Searching

The updated forum software allows the choice of 3 letter searches, so I have enabled that now. So if you wanted to search for only STS posts, you might put in "STS" in the search.

Note the quote marks around the search term, so the search engine knows that the sts in posts is not a match, for example.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Any chance we will see truncation (wild cards) in the future?

Such as an asterisk for any number of characters and a specific number of question marks for a specific number of characters.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Apparently the widespread addition of support for international languages made search by wildcards more complicated. Google for example does not support ?, and only offers * in replacement for whole words, not for part of a search term. Instead, in order to search for "cad*" and get any word that starts with cad, you put in cad alone, and the search engines report any results with that stem.

More complicated, where you might have searched for S?S in order to get STS and SLS, you are forced to specify STS or SLS, and will probably want to put them in quotes, "STS" or "SLS" which specifies case. The + sign can be used here as on google to require terms in the result set.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived