CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

change brake pads warning

krazyhorse

I have a 2001 seville and the change brake pads light came on in the DIC. Is there a sensor at the rotor to indicate this or is this a designated message timed from the computer? Just wondering how the car knew it was time,milage is around 42000.

thanks

I have a 2001 seville and the change brake pads light came on in the DIC. Is there a sensor at the rotor to indicate this or is this a designated message timed from the computer? Just wondering how the car knew it was time,milage is around 42000.

thanks

Sensors in one brake pad at each wheel. Sort of an early warning system that activates before the screeching noise starts. Most likely the fronts, but check them all.

If you install OEM pads, they will include new sensors, and you obviously need at least one new sensor now.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Sensors in one brake pad at each wheel. Sort of an early warning system that activates before the screeching noise starts. Most likely the fronts, but check them all.

Jim,

Do you or anyone else know what year and model this became available on? I have heard of it on this board but have never seen it yet. Pretty sure my car does not have it (81K still original front brakes)

Sounds about right. My DIC told me around 35k. Dealer replaced all pads at no cost under warrenty.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Sensors in one brake pad at each wheel.  Sort of an early warning system that activates before the screeching noise starts.  Most likely the fronts, but check them all.

Jim,

Do you or anyone else know what year and model this became available on? I have heard of it on this board but have never seen it yet. Pretty sure my car does not have it (81K still original front brakes)

Cannot help on that one, Larry. But it is an electrical device and the wire harness is routed back to the chassis beside the wheel speed sensor harness; so if your model has two cables at each corner.......

If you have spoke wheels, you can usually see the little two wire cable at the outer diameter of the caliper.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks for the replies guys, I figured it was a ' tattle-tale ' before the sqealers touched. I am still letting the dealer service the car while it is in warranty and we are due for an oil change next week. The dealer has been real good at working with us on a couple of issues,one being the " dim lights being to low and cant see " but I think we have about resolved this. I've seen several post where more folks are having the same problem.

thanks

Archived