CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Aluminum Rims

danbuc

One of the rims on my 98 sts is bent so I bought a ne one off ebay for a fraction of the caost the dealer mentioned. My only problem is that the new rim is 'brand new' and has never been on a car before. When I add this one to the other three which are five years old, I'll have one thats all bright and shiny and three that are sort of shiny but dull around the edges if you know what I mean. I want to clean up the old ones as best as I can so they will match the new one. Only problem is that I'm not sure what the best product to use is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

I just bought some CTS wheels and cleaned em up with the following:

1) Armor-All Wheel Cleaner $4 [any wal*mart wheel cleaner will work]

2) Mothers Chrome Polish $4 [even if they're not chrome] :)

3) Eagle One Never-Dull $4 [this stuff really works]!

Good luck

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

That reminds me -- Called one place near my house to put the rims on.. They said it'd be about 11.00 a tire.. Is that reasonable.. I don't have a problem with it? :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

On the TV show Mythbusters, they proved that Cola is a very good chrome cleaner. It cleaned a chrome bumper better than a automotive chrome cleaner. But i'll let another board member test it on their caddy before i bust out the Coke.

That reminds me -- Called one place near my house to put the rims on.. They said it'd be about 11.00 a tire.. Is that reasonable.. I don't have a problem with it? :)

-Eric

$7 ~ $11 is about right, per wheel.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Won't the cola make the chrome all sticky? Also I think it would attract a lot of ants.

RINSE WELL!!! :lol:

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Archived