CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I really like the look now

JIMDTS

Just play'n around

I did the new logo last week and I'm very happy with the result. Now when I get some time I'll put some higher watt bulbs in the fog lights..I even made my own vanity plate with photoshop

Just jerk'n around

Cheers

JIm

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Jim I really like the new Northstar badge on your DTS, looks like I'll have to order one for my STS.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Hi Cupillac

Here's a closer pic of the logo I''ll save the mods that will takes some time until the summer when it warms up here I'm going put a 30mm solid front anti-roll bar, beefier polyurethane bushings, a brace between the front strut towers &

four-piston Brembos on 14-inch vented, cross-drilled rotors.

I already have the brembo calipers and rotors. I just need a good day to do the mods..The brembo's on the front should really work well..

picture.JPG

Fine car...

Is that Northstar emblem something that can be purchased or is that your own creation? Where do you find stuff like that?

Jeff

I can tell its a '01. The wreath emblems have the nuggets on top. The latter cars have the smooth tops. Its every where....emblems, center caps, airbag.

I have the same issue on my fake DTS....

1062664446989_fake_008.jpg

Still looking for a DTS front facia. I now have the DTS front plate cover and the passenger fog lamp. So the front facia, drivers foglamp, and some paint and it will be done.

Hi Logan

Your car is looking good. It was not my intent to fool anyone with the year. Yes the new logo's are not the same also they have added some more colors the the wreath emblems. I was after a cleaner look I guess most of it's due the the dealer badge removed. The old northstar logo was a 2 tone silver and black and sat real low on the trunk in my opinion does not balance as well with the DTS logo on the right side of the trunk as the new logo does. I am going to a couple big junk yards this weekend and if I see a front facia for a DTS I'll drop you a email. I have a few mods to get in work when I get some time. Long time since I fooled with changing emblems on the older chevy's when they had the 427/396 logo's If I had a 427 I would put a 396 logo on it.That way you would get a lot of takers wanting to race you were out on a friday night on the local cruising streets.Those days are pretty much gone but they were a lot of fun.Shoot back then those old emblems pushed on into holes on the fenders or hoods and some times you had to do some body and paint work the install them properly.Drill new holes plug up the old holes etc then paint work I like these stick on emblems over those old type.

Cheers

Jim

Archived