CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Service Manual Purchase

BMWburner

Where is the best place to shop for service manuals? I'm willing to pay 120 bucks at the dealer but would perfer to not to.

Thanks in advance

--Ben

shopp EBAY ! there on there all the time !!

Michael - :)

Aw, just get the Helms manual. It's clearly the best, and amortized over your vehicle's lifetime the expense is small.

You won't regret it and it's also a good selling point down the road.

It's also nicer to own a crisp manual with no greasy fingerprints other than your own.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Ranger, you're more than correct as you usually are. I can't find any used or discounted 2002 service documentation anywhere. I plan on ordering the helms manuals this week. It is a pretty small investment all things considered and offers one with steallar bathroom reading. I'm curious in the meantime, does your SLS have passive suspension components? I may have been given bad info but I believe that the SLS model was given passive struts and shocks for the 2002 year with the Devilles with the soft ride option and the STS and DTS with sports suspension keeping the active gear. If so that gives me an excuse to replace my struts.

As always, thanks in advance

--Ben

Good to know. I'm more than impressed with the ride quality and knowing that the car's suspension should be reasonably inexpensive to maintain is a major plus.

--Ben

Yup, that was another reason I opted for the SLS, though I am thinking of putting her up for sale and going to the DHS.

I may have 02 service manuals available if still interested. I can check today. I will post back but most likely I do. These would be OEM, straight from GM, used but good condition.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

I may have 02 service manuals available if still interested. I can check today. I will post back but most likely I do. These would be OEM, straight from GM, used but good condition.

How much?

How much?

Hey,

I checked with my Dad yesterday and he doesn't think they made them in manual form for 2002. Can anyone verify this? He used to work at a dealership until about 2 years ago and the dealers didn't even have manuals anymore on the new caddies. They just had the CDs and had to print out different pages, diagrams, etc. He said it was a real PITA and I believe it to. Just curious as to when this changeover happened as he was not entirely sure. This weekend I am going to look through his bin and see if I can find any but last nite we briefly looked and the last year he has up to is 2000. He seriously has all these FSMs from previous years that I need to go through and sell. I'll keep you posted.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Ahhh, I was just looking on ebay and they have some for 2005 SRX paper manuals so I guess they do exist. That's interesting though. Is the helm manual the same one that comes from GM?

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Helm is the publisher of GM Service Manuals and Owners Manuals and many other types of publications. Both paper and CD / DVD.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How much?

Hey,

I checked with my Dad yesterday and he doesn't think they made them in manual form for 2002. Can anyone verify this? He used to work at a dealership until about 2 years ago and the dealers didn't even have manuals anymore on the new caddies. They just had the CDs and had to print out different pages, diagrams, etc. He said it was a real PITA and I believe it to. Just curious as to when this changeover happened as he was not entirely sure. This weekend I am going to look through his bin and see if I can find any but last nite we briefly looked and the last year he has up to is 2000. He seriously has all these FSMs from previous years that I need to go through and sell. I'll keep you posted.

Chris

OK, Let me know if you find one,. I would definately be interested.

How much?

Hey,

Chris

OK, Let me know if you find one,. I would definately be interested.

Will Do.

Helm is the publisher of GM Service Manuals and Owners Manuals and many other types of publications. Both paper and CD / DVD.

Ahhh, thanks for answering my question to.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived