CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

factory wheels

tom karen

bought replacement wheels from cardio doc a while ago, and recently contacted him about how to dispose of the old ones.

I got a very complete answer from him, plenty of details, but I forgot to ask him how to describe the old ones in an ad. The man took the time to give me a great answer which I greatly appreciated.

origional wheels- 98 eldo not chrome or aluminum. seem to be gray painted and probably some kind of alloy. I would like to know what the factory called them. :rolleyes:

If youre planning on selling them on eBay, be sure to take some pictures of them for your ad. I don't think the name of them would be as important as pictures. Try to get a shot of all 4 in one shot, then maybe a closeup of each wheel individually. Good luck with your sale!

I wasn't going to try to sell them oh E- Bay. I jus planned on the local paper.

I know they are not worth shipping anywhere. Just wanted to get rid of them since I am sick of looking at them and tripping over them. Didnt know what the tech. name for them is so I could use it in an ad.

Thought someone could use them on another GM product.

I know they are not worth shipping anywhere. Just wanted to get rid of them since I am sick of looking at them and tripping over them. Didnt know what the tech. name for them is so I could use it in an ad.

You could put them on eBay and stipulate in your ad "local pick up only". You'd be surprised what you can sell there.

You could put them on eBay and stipulate in your ad "local pick up only". You'd be surprised what you can sell there.

And, they wait forever to charge you the fees. I sold a suspension pump from my old Town Car , and I wasnt billed the fees for 3 weeks I'm shocked. E bay is also kinda hard to use if you ask me and I'm 24. I was all besides myself over that paypal and if I would get paid. I've used a computer since I was in the first grade and that was quite something!! Not user friendly. Its Awsome for buying though.

Michael -

Believe it or not, eBay is a lot easier now than it used to be. I had to learn a LOT of HTML code when I first started selling to make my ads look somewhat professional. Now they have all sorts of templates, photo options, and what not for your ads and HTML knowledge is no longer necessary. eBay bills monthly, so that's convenient. I didn't have any problems setting up my Paypal acct, but I set it up as a business acct, maybe that's why. I do remember it was time consuming at first though. I've had more problems with Paypal as a buyer than a seller. I guess eBay is like anything else, whereas there's a learning curve, but once you learn the ropes, its a piece of cake. They have great forums there where you can get all your questions answered if need be. I haven't sold anything there for a year or so, but when I was in it, it was a lot of fun It's been quite awhile since their fees (both Paypal and eBay) have been in check, in my opinion. That was the main reason I stopped selling. Hard to make a decent profit there if you're selling multiple low dollar items. It's not bad though if you sell something every now and then, or if your items are unique and you don't have a bunch of cut throats selling the same thing. There are way too many sellers there that are content to just break even after deducting their costs, just to build their feedback. Then there's others that don't have a clue.

I love Ebay. I sell and buy all the time there. Bought pool tables, wheels, tires, BOTH my current cars.........etc. Paypal and Ebay are very simplified now agreed. Not like it used to be. Just sold a set of drilled/slotted rotors for a Durango today. Paypal can be set up through your bank account as well, so you can buy or accept payment and send it directly to your account. Never had a problem getting a payment in there and I have sold some $2-$3k Silver Dollars (Morgans) on there many times.

And I would list them as Local Pick-Up or buyer to pay ACTUAL shipping. If someone wants to pay for the shipping more power to them. Why limit yourself to local buyers? The rotors I sold today had a $75 (weigh 100lbs with pads) shipping charge above the auction price.........and the guy paid right away.

Two years ago, I parted out a snowmobile and sold almost every piece on ebay - including the damaged engine. It was a lot of work to pack and ship items but it was worth it over selling it to a snowmobile junkyard. It is the country's garage sale online. :lol:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Two years ago, I parted out a snowmobile and sold almost every piece on ebay - including the damaged engine. It was a lot of work to pack and ship items but it was worth it over selling it to a snowmobile junkyard. It is the country's garage sale online. :lol:

" It is the country's garage sale online." Love it !!! Well put KHE

Michael- :D

Archived