CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Windshield Wipers

Roberto

Can somebody tell me how to get the wiper arms from underneath the hood. I'm trying to change my wipers but I can't lift the arms in order to change the wipers. The arms are parked underneath the hood and get caught on the hood's overhang if I try to lift them up. Even when the arms are not parked I can't lift them up far enough to change the wipers. Does anyone have any tips or solutions besides take it to jiffy lube?

I like the Lexor ones from Walmart. I've tried every premium brand out there and hated every one. The Boschs streaked right out of the package, as did the Tricos, triple edge, etc. The Lexors are about 6 bucks a blade and they last for months and months. I also tried the teflon coated blades that are supposed to last for the rest of the life of the car (what it says on the package). What a crock of ____! :)

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Lexor from Walmart. Cheap and effective. I have tried many brands over the years - including refills - and for the money the performance of the LEXOR one's that Walmart carries you can't go wrong.

One side-note, everytime I have sprayed de-icer fluids on the windshield, the wipers would squeal for days on end - so I avoid all windshield additives now.

Tom R.

Tom R.

1998 Cadillac STS with 102K Miles

Archived