CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Driver Side outside door lock is doing something..

Marika

This morning I went outside to the car and put the key in the driver side door lock, tried turning the key toward the rear of the car to open the door but it wouldn't budge. I figured the lock was frozen since it was snowing/raining last night. So I went to the passenger side, opened the door easily with the key and used the power door lock switch to open all the doors.

Here's what happens now.

If the driver side door is opened using the power door lock switch, the driver side door lock can open and close easily with the key and while the door is open however, once I lock the door using the power door lock switch, I can no longer open the driver side door with the key.

What's wrong? What needs to be fixed? :huh:

Thanks.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Took the car to the body shop at the corner where I live. They took one look at it and ordered a new actuator for the door.

That should solve the problem.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The AC Delco Actuator arrived yesterday at the body shop. List price from the dealership - $65, my price $45.

MADE IN MEXICO :blink:

:lol:

Body shop just installed the new actuator for the driver's door. The lock is ok again.

While they were inside the door, they replaced a few clips and other parts that apparently where broken and never properly fixed by the previous body shop who repaired the door when it was hit in a parking lot; this happened when the previous owner had the car.

Archived