CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What should i do to my 78 sedan deville

Josh87

I recently got my uncles 78 sedan deville and i love it. However, being a young driver i want to soup it up a little bit. Besides the common upgrades (rims, hydrolics, sterio system) what can i do to make this car better? PLease post your suggestions below. Thanks, Josh

The 78 Deville had the 425 cubic inch (7 liter) V8 rated at 180 hp at 4000 rpm and 320 lb-ft of torque at 2000 rpm. Single 4 Bbl carb. The fuel injected version made 195 hp.

Since the big engine were choked with early emissions control gear, I suppose I'd look at that first -- see what a modern high-flow catalytic converter and performance exhaust would do. Might even be more efficient at converting than the original.

http://www.500cid.com are the go-to guys for performance parts for that generation of engine.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I think that carefully selected mods and personalization items can make one love the car all the more. I certainly agree that I would stay away from things that did not fit well with the character of the car. But planning and researching improvements can be fun in inself, and rewarding in application.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived