CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

de-ice light

on my 97 eldorado i ran the test for codes by holding the passenger temp. up and the off button(as you may have read in the other post)in the beggining when all the lights come on,i had a little light that read "de-ice". is this an option that my car does not have or is it an option that i have that i have just not seen before?

if so what is it and how do i use it?

I think ya got the "French" model. Watch out for de ice. LOL

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

I think ya got the "French" model. Watch out for de ice. LOL

--------------------

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 47,000k

Rickster; Is your Caddy that dark mettalic gray ... almost a mettalic black.

Jim White

As far as the heated windshield ... nice option until you have to replace it. Sure takes car of a frosted windshield. We had one on our Sable. Had to replace the windshield in our Sable before we got rid of it and that windshield was no longer produced.

Jim White

Ya it is. Almost looks black untill your beside a black car. Looks real sharp in the sunshine with a good waxing.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

As far as the heated windshield ... nice option until you have to replace it. 

Or the alternator... From what I remember the alternator for a heated windshield equipped car is $150 more than the, "regular" one..

Archived