CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need help with some '94 STS codes...

jon40

I've had a service engine light come on a couple times in the last few weeks. I didn't realize until reading a thread the other day, how simple it is to check the codes yourself.

A whole bunch came up in the history, any help in figuring them out would be much appreciated.

Last week I replaced the battery, does that mean these have all come up since then, or would they stay in the computer even though the battery's been disconnected?

P 036

P 052

P 109

I 052

S 025

S 027

S 044

S 060

S 061

At the end of the list of codes the readout showed "PCM?" Does that mean anything?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

I've had a service engine light come on a couple times in the last few weeks. I didn't realize until reading a thread the other day, how simple it is to check the codes yourself.

A whole bunch came up in the history, any help in figuring them out would be much appreciated.

Last week I replaced the battery, does that mean these have all come up since then, or would they stay in the computer even though the battery's been disconnected?

P 036

P 052

P 109

I 052

S 025

S 027

S 044

S 060

S 061

At the end of the list of codes the readout showed "PCM?" Does that mean anything?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

P036 - Egr Valve - probably needs cleaned or at worst replaced.

P052/P0109/I052 - set when battery was unhooked

Suspension codes:

S025 - Right Rear damper solenoid short to battery - check wiring

S027 - Right Rear damper solenoid open curcuit - check wiring

S044 - lift dive signal fault - could be caused by short or open wiring

S060 - Left Front position sensor fault - check wiring

S061 - Right Front position sensor fault - check wiring

Were any codes "current"? Looks like you may have an EGR problem and a suspension wiring problem. Keep us informed, I do have a 94 service manual. Clear the codes by coming to "PCM?", choose "yes"(fan up button), then "no" (fan down button) until you see "clear codes?", hit "yes", then hit "auto" button to exit. This just clears the P-codes, you need to do the same for the I (ICP)& S (RSS) codes. Just choose "no" after "PCM?" and it will go through the other codes. You can unhook the battery again for about 5 minutes and clear them also.

You will have to do the same thing for each

Thanks for the input. I'll check out the EGR valve and try and clean it up this weekend. Where exactly is it located? I'm assuming it's not too difficult to get to, as I've seen people on the board refer to it often.

The rear suspension codes are probably related to whats giving me the "service ride control" message as well. It's been that way for 60K miles, so I'm not going to worry about it.

As far as the other front suspension codes go, I'm not sure if those are critical issues or not. The car seems to ride and drive just fine, if anyone knows different, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the input. I'll check out the EGR valve and try and clean it up this weekend. Where exactly is it located? I'm assuming it's not too difficult to get to, as I've seen people on the board refer to it often.

This should help you with the EGR.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadil...-egr-valve.html

Archived