CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Air Inlet Door

STSMan

I have a code B1343 Air Inlet Movement fault. Can anyone tell me exactly where this motor is??

I have found both the passenger side vents motor ( under the glove box - ok ), driver's vent motor ( on the driver's side btw - unlike the Devilles which on the pass side- it was ok ) and the floor to vent motor ( also - driver's side ok). I believe this Air Inlet motor is for the outside air and sure enough when I ask for recirc air it doen't make a difference in the air volume. It used to as it should. I believe the gasket will stick on these doors sometime. Damned if I can find it :blink:

So 1998-2004 Sevilles guys where the hell is this motor - door etc so I can look at it. Sorry I don't have a manual. I bought an GM SI DVD but it won't work on my computer.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

I have a code B1343 Air Inlet Movement fault. Can anyone tell me exactly where this motor is??

I have found both the passenger side vents motor ( under the glove box - ok ), driver's vent motor ( on the driver's side btw - unlike the Devilles which on the pass side- it was ok ) and the floor to vent motor ( also - driver's side ok). I believe this Air Inlet motor is for the outside air and sure enough when I ask for recirc air it doen't make a difference in the air volume. It used to as it should. I believe the gasket will stick on these doors sometime. Damned if I can find it :blink:

So 1998-2004 Sevilles guys where the hell is this motor - door etc so I can look at it. Sorry I don't have a manual. I bought an GM SI DVD but it won't work on my computer.

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

MMM.... :unsure: nobody knows

According to my Service Manual, the air inlet actuator is buried in front of the IP Compartment (glove box to you old timers). Remove the glove box and one electronic module and you should be looking at the actuator.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

According to my Service Manual, the air inlet actuator is buried in front of the IP Compartment (glove box to you old timers). Remove the glove box and one electronic module and you should be looking at the actuator.

JimD- How many actuators does the manual says the car has. Is it 3 or 4??

Thanks

Thanks

If we ignore the rear seat air delivery, according to the electrical schematic there are four air door actuators somewhere between the firewall and the front seats.

Air mix - driver

Air mix - passenger

Air inlet

Mode actuator

And according to the schematic, all the motors are wired the same (plug compatible). So if the motor can be bolted in place, it looks like you have replacement parts available for troubleshooting.

Good luck.....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks

If we ignore the rear seat air delivery, according to the electrical schematic there are four air door actuators somewhere between the firewall and the front seats.

Air mix - driver

Air mix - passenger

Air inlet

Mode actuator

And according to the schematic, all the motors are wired the same (plug compatible). So if the motor can be bolted in place, it looks like you have replacement parts available for troubleshooting.

Good luck.....

Great, thanks ;)

Archived