CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Deville Keyless remote

93 Sedan

Dear fellow Caddy owners,

I just replaced the batteries in my keyless remote (93 DeVille). Still works sporadically. :huh:

My question is this...where within the vehicle does the remote "talk" with to do it's job? Is there anything I need to do to that unit to make it work?

Many thanks,

93 DeVille

Clean the printed circuit board copper contacts with rubbing alcohol. Simply rinse the rubber membrane under warm water; do NOT use detergent. You don't want to remove the conductive coating from the membrane.

As Ranger said, inspect closely for any bad solder joints.

Regards,

Warren

EDIT:

Sometime back, someone actually remarked about a Cadillac TSB that suggested something like removing the trunk-mounted RKE module and placing an aluminum foil piece underneath it to improve antenna reception.

Dunno how 'legit' that is or exactly where your RKE module is, but a search might turn up something.

Regards again,

Warren

P.S. Did you know you can triple the range of your RKE by holding it to your chin?

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived