CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brake Pad Part Numbers

Ranger

When I had Ruby in for the vibration problem, the mechanic pointed out that the inner pad had about 10% left on it. For $114 I declined, knowing I could do it for 1/2 that. I have a complete parts list for '98 - '04 Seville that was posted at cadillacforums. It lists the front pads as 18048652. gmpartsdirect lists 18048652 as "pad kit" and 18045379 as "pad set". rockauto has several different choices, none of which match these numbers but the A/C Delco pads are listed as rivited. I am not sure but I think the OEM pads are bonded, though I have to admit I don't know which is preferable. I would suspect bonded. The questions are, which one do I need? What is the difference? Do the sensors come with the pads, are they built into the pads or are they removed from the old pads and installed in the new. I would suspect they are sacrificial. Mine have not worn to that point yet.

The 18045379 is a complete front axle set with new wear sensors. And they are bonded. The same pads your car had at zero miles.

I just threw the new wear sensors in my spare parts drawer.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I had such a *smurf* of a time cleaning brake dust off the rims that I opted for Performance Friction Ceramic brake pads. I havent noticed any real difference in the feel of the brakes but the dusting is much less.

I had such a *smurf* of a time cleaning brake dust off the rims that I opted for Performance Friction Ceramic brake pads. I havent noticed any real difference in the feel of the brakes but the dusting is much less.

That's interesting. I am leary to use them as a buddy of mine put them on his car and was so unhappy with the braking action that he took them off.

Well, gmpartsdirect shows part #18045379 in their catalogue, but when I try to order, I get an error, no such part #. On the other hand, part #18048652 (which is the part # that is in the online parts list I printed) does work. I emailed them for an explanation on the difference and which part # is correct. Will see what they have to say.

Archived