CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Alarm sounds

CANADIANCADDY

Every once in a while I forget to pocket my one and only automatic key fob and end up having to open up my car with merely a key --------- I still know how to do it the old fashioned way eh!

The problem is whenever I have to do this and I happen to open the passenger door with a key, the alarm sounds and I am helpless to shut it off.

Is the alarm set up to sound when one uses a key to enter from the passenger door and if so is there in fact a way to shut it off without having the fob handy?

Many thanks for any input you can provide here.

Paul

PS We are talking about my 94 STS here.

PSS Anyone know of an inexpensive method of repairing or replacing key fobs?

Every once in a while I forget to pocket my one and only automatic key fob and end up having to open up my car with merely a key --------- I still know how to do it the old fashioned way eh!

The problem is whenever I have to do this and I happen to open the passenger door with a key, the alarm sounds and I am helpless to shut it off.

Is the alarm set up to sound when one uses a key to enter from the passenger door and if so is there in fact a way to shut it off without having the fob handy?

Many thanks for any input you can provide here.

Paul

PS We are talking about my 94 STS here.

PSS Anyone know of an inexpensive method of repairing or replacing key fobs?

The key fobs are on eBay all the time fairly cheap. I think as long as you have one working key fob, you are able to program the new one yourself.

Charles

Charles

after you unlock the drivers door with the key, if you hit the power locks to the unlock, that sould disable the alarm on the rest of the doors, at least thats how it was on my eldorado

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

CANADIANCADDY,

At times my RKE gets gunked up and fails to work, so I also resort to using the ol' key. And everytime I cross my fingers because at times there is no alarm and other times it won't stop.

Yes davedog, sometimes that works with the powerlocks but other times it doesnt and here I am driving my cadillac home with the lights and alarm honking away. Looks like a just stole the darn thing. :lol:

So I replaced my RKE and always clean it when I'm waiting around anywhere.

"Cadillac, it's not a car, it's an obsession"

-W.Kingdon

Archived