CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

PCM Replacement

Poobah

I'm not sure about this yet, but I might have to replace my PCM. I have absolutely no idea what this might cost, if it becomes necessary. Can someone give me a rough idea?

Thanks in advance.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I've heard anything from $50 for a used one out of the junkyard to just over $100 for a "reconditioned" unit to top dollar at the dealer.

I believe someone else had a link to a place that rebuilt PCM's but I can't think of it. Maybe one of the other board members can recall this.

I've heard anything from $50 for a used one out of the junkyard to just over $100 for a "reconditioned" unit to top dollar at the dealer.

I believe someone else had a link to a place that rebuilt PCM's but I can't think of it. Maybe one of the other board members can recall this.

I doubt it's that cheap. Further, I *think* a dealership would have to be involved in reprogramming the replacement????

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

IIRC... I think our Guru pointed out that the PCM on ODBII cars are a one shot deal... once they have been flashed with the VIN and other identifying numbers they can not be reused...

But I could be wrong...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Good ones can be obtained for a reasonable price. The PROM chip from your car's PCM is placed into the "new" PCM to maintain the engine parameters that were stored by the "old" PCM.

Have a look at the following thread

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...PCM+replacement

The newer versions of the PCM's nail the VIN codes, but I'm not sure when this was implemented.

Archived