CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DISCONTINUED... WHY?

jinxed45

:o Woa.... lets back up the truck here. What year did they discontinue the eldorado???

I'm assuming they weren't selling enough of them any more.... now days everyone drives Sevilles and Devilles.... I don't see nearly as many eldorado's. The ones I do see are ussally a little older.

besides the looks of the eldo another thing that drew me to the car WAS the fact that ya don't see very many.....I personally like being different, and that's why I'm not driving some honda (no offence) like all my friends.

I really hope they bring this thing back....I'd be interested to see what they'd do with it to make it "fit" with the rest of the lineup.

oh well....I can dream can't i? B)

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

I have had my Eldorado for 2 years now and it is a fine car and a head turner. Agree that GM should have updated the looks and kept it going. As for 2 door coupes, heck I see them every where, especially Toyota and Honda!!!!!!!!!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I looked at a site recently that showed pictures of upcoming caddys both front and rear views and I'll be danged if most of them looked like Eldorado's in the rear view. Both the front and rear of the Eldo is instantly recognized unlike most of the other cookie cutter cars. And since the new caddys may at least have the rear Eldo look, I for one, will be pleased.

As for 2 door coupes, heck I see them every where, especially Toyota and Honda!!!!!!!!!

It's the "personal luxury coupe" segment that has gone by the wayside...not 2-doors in general (like I may have implied earlier). I wouldn't consider the Eldorado and the econo-imports to be in the same market segment at all.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived