CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fan and ride control

Old school

Could the computer be the problem when my cooling fan and my ride control compressor do not come on. I checked the fuses and the curcuits. All are good. I ran a hot wire directly to the compressor and it works. I didn't have to connect a ground to get it to work though. It arched once I connected the hot wire like there is a short or miss routed wire, What else should I check?

I could be wrong, but I don't think the two problems are related. Have you checked the level switch for the rear air compressor? It should be somewhere near the rear suspension, it's a black box with a rod sticking out of it. It might be bad or out of adjustment. As for the cooling fan, is it getting power? Is the coolant temperature sensor reading correctly?

Could the computer be the problem when my cooling fan and my ride control compressor do not come on.

I agree with Dan -- the two problems aren't related. And I suspect you really only have one problem -- the ride height compressor.

If it's below 40*F outside, the A/C compressor is not running, and the electric cooling fans do not come on until the coolant temperature reaches about 229*F. Unless your coolant temperature reaches this high, the fans will not come on, and your engine is in absolutely no danger at all. A properly maintained cooling system will keep the coolant from boiling until 265*F. Until then, the engine is completely fine.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I don't know a thing about your problem but I'm trying to get more than 10 posts so this board will stop calling me a LURKER. 2 posts to go after this. LOL

I have swapped out relays and still no results. I used a tester to see if I was getting power through the harness to the compressor and I was getting power. Should the leveler arm swivel up and down freely? How do I test it? I tried moving it up and down with the ignition in on position, but no results.

Archived