CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Now I Truly have seen everything

STSJohn

I know this is not a Cadillac, but this thing is so ridiculous it deserves a mention!!! blink.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-CUTLAS...1QQcmdZViewItem

I still can't believe someone spent good money on a car for it to look like that! blink.gif

Its not the first time that car has been up for auction on ebay... The Oldsmobile list serve I subscribe to identified this highway wart at least 6 months ago... I guess its true what they say... Its not easy to sell a green car laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I love the part where the owner says that he's invested $30,000 into it so take that into consideration when bidding...

Here's another gem...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-De...582397903QQrdZ1

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Well Folks,

I agree with rim/tire comments - as far as not practical for ride, handling, damage, theft, etc.  But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in the end - Leon's call.  cool.gif

Now, the Lambo doors!  Come on now - you must all admit that was an interesting modification to say the least!   ohmy.gif

This mod might not be safe (such that the doors might fall off).  This could also be a bit disconcerting or embarrassing.  Yo, Leon, is this your door we found?

I'm sure it gets the looks he counted on.   And haven't we all done something "just to get looks" at some point in our life?  wink.gif 

From an engineering standpoint, I wonder how it was done (reinforcements etc) , how they latch up, wind noise, how it is to enter/exit.  rolleyes.gif

And finally, I wonder how much it cost for the Lambo doors?   unsure.gif

All IMHO

BTW - any Caddy "Gull-wing" doors out there?

I saw a couple of guys selling them down at the SEMA show last year. The are made from pretty darn thick stainless steel and the mechanism and everything looked like very good quality. Wholesale price was about $899-$999 depending on model. The installation of them is rather easy though. You take your factory hinge off, and apparently just bolt on their hinge and trim the inside of the fender to make room for the door to open. Retail with installation is going to run you about $1700-2000. Do we have any takers? LMAO laugh.gif .

Spence

Archived