CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V 318 hp @ wheels

Bruce Nunnally

Saw this note on ls1tech regarding dyno results for a CTS-V.

It dynoed 318 - 319 rwhp. No, that is not a typo. We were just as disappointed. I checked the programming and it is virtually the same as the Z06 Vette. Exhaust is not too bad but there is a huge resonator in the middle of the car that merges both pipes together. Must costs some power there. Dropped the air box and put a K&N cone on the end of the MAF and only picked up another 6 rwhp.

MTI Stage II heads/cam are next...

Motorsport Technologies, Inc.

(281)870-8787 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm central time

www.MotorsportTech.com

Note this is hp at the wheels on a chassis dyno, which with a manual tranny one might expect to have 16% losses, or 84% of the rated crank hp at the wheels. So a good dyno for a 400 hp manual car would be 336 hp at the wheels. A 318 hp at the wheels car is producing (assuming the 16% losses) around 378 hp.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

more dyno lore for the ls6:

Originally Posted by RUDY@AP-ENGINEERING

Nice graph and numbers. we dynoed a stock 04' Z06, made 2 pulls and they were almost identical, 323 hp 350 tq. The car has only 800 miles on it. 

Yeah, they need a couple of thousand miles on them to loosen up...I think the computer is a little conservative the first few thousand miles.

Bruce

Quoted from z06vette.com a post by methos http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread....&highlight=3.73

A local tuner just Dynoed his CTS-V and it pulled 338hp at the rear wheels.

338/(1 - ~16% manual trans & rolling losses) = 402 hp as rated

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

More dyno results from ls1tech:

We just got our new CTS-V (This is a shop vehicle that our employees get to beat on daily). After driving it 500 miles we decided it was time to throw this on our new chassis dyno. This was the first vehicle ever dynoed on this about 10 minutes ago. Here are the results.

1st Run:

Temp Inside: 69 degrees

Bar: 29.60

Humidity: 51%

321rwhp/318fbtq

2nd Run:

Bar: 29.61

324rwhp/319fbtq

3rd Run:

Bar: 29.60

327.31 rwtq/319.97fbtq

This is bone stock with no tuning. We decided to make sure the dyno was accurate so we used an employees vehicle that is dynoed all time to get the accurate reading. Our dyno was within 000.01 of his last dyno pull. We will be tuning this later this afternoon and making more pulls. We are offering Tuning using our software and look for gains of anywhere from 10-20rwhp. We will keep everyone up to date on this as we have many things in store for this. Updates weekly.

Thank You,

More Performance Inc.

704-393-8241

Bruce

Archived