CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Managed to have a little fun today

JIMDTS

On the way home from work the expressway backed up,so I exited on one of the major roads and stumbled on a new subdivision they just layed the streets a few days ago and they were open with no curbs in yet just the concrete pavement No homes built yet It was after 5 so the construction crews were gone home. I had my own little race course for awhile I played around in there for about a half hr.

It sure was fun I didn't have to worry about sliding into a curb just level ground i did not leave the pavement but i came close.I did about 5 runs through the winding streets It was like having my own road race course for awhile..My excuse to do some wot's the fun way..

Cheers

Jim

Sounds fun. After I first got my g-tech pro I would do tests in a newly developed area like you describe. There was exactly a quartermile & time to slow down between one end of a dead-end-so-far street and the other. Only problem was that some nights the dead-end was already taken by the locals for date night or whatever, which made it inconvenient for setup.

Too bad we don't have videos of your DTS tearing around the streets though.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hi Bruce

These newly developed areas are great for playing around in.First time I discovered these was about 20yrs ago I lived in an area where there was alot of building going on and a few of us would head over to the next sub over and play around. Back the I had a vette and smacked one of those curbs with the r/r wheel and ripped the a frame rite off the frame. I had to get the car home on a floor jack

on the r/r side and crawl home you should have seen the neighbors looking with me and a buddy walking behind the car on a floor jack comming down the street lucky it was only a couple blocks to home..Other wise i would needed a tow truck.

Cheers

Jim

Archived