CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A Good Glass Cleaner

QbanCgar

does any1 know of a GOOD glass cleaner. i have some serious water or soap spots on my windows. every glass cleaner i've tried doesn't seem 2 work. :lol:

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

Vinegar!

I run a personal detailing 'business' out of my own driveway, and have found vinegar to be more reliable than any glass cleaner.

Give it a shot, I think you'll be satisfied.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I use it straight.

As for the the paint, being careful and patent when wiping, and applying the vinegar to the paper towel, not sparying on the windows will do.

In fact, it will strip wax, but won't effect the paint. I have used it before on paint to, to get rid of stubourn stains and water spots.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Vinegar works awesome with newspaper. If you soak a peice of newspaper with it, you will find it never will leave streaks!

NO the newsprint will not come off all over the windows.

If you want to buy a can of window cleaner, cause you do not like the vinegar smell, then GM makes a great window cleaner for a good price at any dealer.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

GM recommends Bon-Ami in the owners manual, I have to see if my service department has it, anyone ever try it?

I had been looking for it in grocery stores with no luck, all they have is the type for pots not glass,

post-3-1123980584_thumb.jpg

Hi Scotty

I use Bon-Ami cleanser a few times per year. it makes a big mess plan on washing & rinsing the car removing the cleanser. I usually clean the windshield a couple times per yr prior to installing new wiper blades it does work well I scrub the heck out of the windshield rinse and repeat it gets all the road funk and wax off the windshield..I also used the gm stuff but bon ami is much cheaper and easy to use..Any grocery store should have it. I also clean my windows with amonia and water works great and does not leave a film on them like windex does & they stay cleaner longer..

Jim

:( yeah i've used windex, all kinds of glass cleaner including Stoner's Invisible Glass which is supposed 2 b really good, but no look. i guess i will try the vinegar & c what the outcome is. thanks a mil.

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

Scotty,

I have used Bon Ami for many years. I usually clean it with Bon Ami before the rainy season in December the apply Rain X.

Warning, There are a lot of products like Bon Ami (Kitchen Cleaners) that will destroy glass. You cannot use any other product.

GM started to use Bon Ami some 10 years ago to solve a windshield cleaning problem they have. I believe you can buy Bon Ami from GM in a different package with a GM part number.

I looked on my can of Bon Ami, bought about 5 years ago. It does not have a warning about using it on glass.

Vince P

Scotty,

I have used Bon Ami for many years. I usually clean it with Bon Ami before the rainy season in December the apply Rain X.

Warning, There are a lot of products like Bon Ami (Kitchen Cleaners) that will destroy glass. You cannot use any other product.

GM started to use Bon Ami some 10 years ago to solve a windshield cleaning problem they have. I believe you can buy Bon Ami from GM in a different package with a GM part number.

I looked on my can of Bon Ami, bought about 5 years ago. It does not have a warning about using it on glass.

Vince P

Thanks Vince, I am going to check my dealer, its great stuff

I use Regular Vineger

2004 Cadillac CTS 3.6L VVT Light platinum 39K miles

~Vogue VTXi Package - Corsa Exhaust - K & N Cold air intake - Blacked out tints

2004 Cadillac Escalade 6.0L all-whell drive Pewter 42k miles

~22" Tis 07 Rims - E&G Chrome Vertyical billet Grill - Limo tints - Tv's in the Visor and headrests

1990 Mustang GT Painted Cadillac Diamond White - 604 Rwhp

Family Cars:

2004 Cadillac XLR (Mom)

2005 Cadillac STS V8(Dad)

2000 Eldorado ETC (Brother)

Archived