CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

WOW!!! I think I got a deal!

AaronM

Hi,

I just bought these and I think I got a good deal! They do have minor pitting but that is O.K. with me. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEBWN%3AIT

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Flowmaster 80 series muffler :D

Good job!! Looks like a great deal to me. One set of later model rims like that can really set your '92 STS off. I had the '97 7-spokers on my '92 STS, and it looked like a different car.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

It's dealer price of 179 bucks to refinish wheels in my area. X 4 plus your price means you got a 2K+ set of wheels like new for like 1K Not Bad. Now factory new unused wheels from cardio doc, THats a real deal. If you find you don't like the pitted wheels, Get some from the Doc!

Knine0909

Ya know, You can proably paint that area and no one will even notice the wiser and it will add to the durability. If it gets looking rough just redo. Some fac wheels come with taht part painted, I'd check the patern and do that! They make a product called POR search that same, to see. But it is a Rust preventative taht works over rust. Thus Paint Over Rust - POR I'd do taht and then paint the color I want and whamo! Like new for only say $250 bucks! Now THATS a deal!

MC

That is what I plan on doing, painting with some silver pain over the areas that are pitted to make them blend in somewhat. I don't like the stock rims at all on my STS so just like Bob said, these will make my car look totally different, which for me, is a good thing. BLING BLING!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

That is what I hope B) . I just have to find some center caps now. I am going to sell my old rims and buy some. I don't think I can get much out of my old rims since I am sure they are way our of style now :rolleyes: .

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Our old rim style go for $50 on ebay lol. I saw a set of new chrome center caps on ebay for $99. Not sure if thats a good price or not, but that was part of the reason I didnt bid on the rims that you won :D

Anyways, Im sure I dont have to remind you, but be sure to post pictures when you put em on your car!! :)

-Chris

WHAT a STEAL!!

--Flyer

'99 'Vert 'Vette 45k

'97 SLS 55k

Deceased: <'68 Mustang 200+k>, <'86 GMC S-10 180+k>, <'86 VW GTI 180+k>, <'86 Seville 195+k>, <'93 Seville 175+k>

user posted image

I definately will be posting pictures. The only bad thing is my parents won't let me put insurance on it until April so I won't be able to drive it until then. Then I have until the end of July and I get my license and then its all mine :D. Hopefully it will go by quickly!

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Hey guys:

Congratulations on your score on those wheels. You did well - be proud of yourself.

Just FYI - those are OEM Cadillac wheels that were sent out for plating, probably to MC2 in California. The term I use is 'aftermarket-chrome' meaning they are OEM wheels under there that were then chrome-plated after the factory. The pitting you see is typical of those wheels when exposed to harsh environments. The easiest way to tell a 'factory-chromed' wheel from an 'aftermarket-chromed' wheel is to look in those same coves where you see the pitting. On factory-chrome wheels - that whole area is grey paint/primer. I know, some people here have gotten graffitti-remover at Home Depot and made that area chrome as well, but 99.99% of the factory-chrome wheels still have that stuff on their. I guess the reason is for just this particular purpose.

The suggestions from "95SLS" are right on. Address the affected areas though because that will spread. 95SLS, thanks for the kind words.

Let's not start a 'factory-chrome' versus 'aftermarket-chrome' debate. They're beautiful wheels and they all have their merits.

Aaron - center cap options: I have very nice OEM-chrome background "STS" center caps for $105. I have the same center caps but reading "SLS" for $95. Either of these is the 'correct' OEM center cap for this wheel style.

I have chrome/gold center caps with a simulated Wreath and Crest for $83/delivered (CaddyInfo Special Price) - to see these check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2461870362

Finally, if on a tight budget - I have a set of four "SLS" center caps on grey background for $50/delivered.

PayPal (credit cards) accepted for all, or money order/cashier's check.

happy trails,

~Doc

Hi,

I got the rims today and they are great! The pitting is very minor. I am going to start driving the Cadillac after the first week of April. I will e-mail you and see if you still have those center caps. I want to sell my old rims first. I am going off to get some of the pain to make sure that it does not spread. You can't even notice the pitting if you are more than 3 feet away. I love them! :D

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Aaron, That's fantastic! I bet you can't wait to start driving your Caddy. Do you spend alot of time just sitting in it listening to the stereo and looking at all the stuff? Post a pic after you get the wheels on.

Jeff

Jeff

98 Concours

90 Seville

04 Corvette

I sure do! I sit in it and listen to the radio and stuff about twice a week. The other day it got warm out and I cleaned up the old rims and I washed her. My family thinks I am nuts! HAHA

18 Year Old Male

Black 1992 STS 4.9L

90,XXX Miles

Archived