CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need Front Struts!!!

96DeVille

Hello again. I just got my car checked out and was informed that my passenger front strut is leaking. They quoted the part at $1099 :o !! I was hoping someone knew where to find this part at a much more frugal price, or if anyone had these parts layin around somewhere. I hope you guys can help !! Thanks

Hello again. I just got my car checked out and was informed that my passenger front strut is leaking. They quoted the part at $1099 :o !! I was hoping someone knew where to find this part at a much more frugal price, or if anyone had these parts layin around somewhere. I hope you guys can help !! Thanks

Well first, the price they quoted you is high, the price for the strut is about $800 each. That is UNLESS they included the strut mount in that price.

You probably should replace them in pairs however not just one side given the age of your car (and mine).

Check www.gmotors.com

Mike

Actually turns out I need front struts and the rear shocks. Basically the whole suspension system, in addition to the air level ride compressor out back went out. Custom air bags all around would be cheaper than replacing the stock suspension no?

johnnydone provided you with the links to Arnott and Boston. They can provide you will an aftermarket solution to your problem.. HOWEVER, DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY, as to which outfit to use.....

I also have a 96 Deville and plan to do my rear springs, struts and rear stabilizer bar bushings this weekend I will report back my experience, I have Boston... Say a prayer for me... :blink:

Thanks for the info, I checked out GM parts direct, but it would be around $1200 for the struts and materials up front alone. Hope to hear how your install goes...

Does anyone have or know of putting air bags on a 94-96 deville? I was thinking this would be better (and cooler ;)), while also being around the same ballpark figure price.

The rear of our 96 Deville has coil springs. If the air bag works by going into the coil spring I suppose it might work, but the coil spring for the rear is tightly wound so I am not sure, I will post a photo of them later. The air shocks do a good job in the rear, I would stick with them. Check the fuse on your compressor, it may have blown. If you need a new compressor and don't want to spend for a new one, try buying a used one here

www.car-parts.com

Mike

I bought the BOSTON system based on e bay feed back and warranty.

1 week later, I still have ride control codes I never had before. He sent new parts though) But after looking at the construction and the ease of instalation PLUS the retained look of factory plug and play, I Bought the Arnott system today. I'm betting it will go in in half the time, no cutting soldering, messy spacers, slack and such. Look At the downloadable install instructions from Arnott at their web site. They install JUST AS the factory ones do. In My BOSTON istalation I had to cut the shock tower, Chop wires, Solder, fabricate and I still don't have use of the car. BOTH company's have a pretty steep Money back policy of they keep 20% reguardless so do your homework, I did mine and I still ended up with ARNOTT, But only AFTER I learned the BOSTON lesson.

Mike C

http://www.arnottindustries.com/index.asp

They are the best hands down...NO MODS!

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived