CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1994 STS - Paint issue

mike

After the car being in the shop for a month and a 1/2, I noticed today the car body has this dusty....almost scratchy type of feel to it if you rub your hand across the finish. Windshield wipers even sound different, it's like theres a layer of dust embedded into the finish now. Ive tried washing it, but no luck so far...any ideas as to how I can restore my finish?

Thanks

http://store.bettercarcare.com/clay-magic.html

Sounds like you need to "clay" the car. Get the clay & lubricant. Instructions included. Will probably take you less than an hour. Its just amazing how smooth the paint is after claying.

Follow with a good paint cleaner/polisher(Sonus) and wax.

I will agree that a claybar will be pretty good. I personally would get some LIQUID GLASS, but before that I would use a pre-cleaner from either MOTHERS or any other leading brand.

Make sure you use a buffer, or polishing wheel, and do it in the shade, or at night.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

"Ditto" with the clay.

She'll feel like glass (the paint that is) when your done.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Lottsa info at : http://www.meguiars.com

Text and videos.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived