CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Back from vacation: Boy the STS is a dream!

This is really no biggie of a post, I just wanted to express my "joy" to everyone else on how nice it is to get back into the STS, after bombing around on a summer vacation in the our motorhome!

Our trip consisted of (leaving here from Windsor) going up through the Niagra region, then through the NewYork fingerlakes, next stop was Pittsburg (awesome city!) then through to Cleaveland. We decided on the final day to delete the Cedar-Point rollercoaster gig, because of weather and the fact that on Friday, the park would be crammed.

Back to the point,

The first sensation I noticed when getting into the STS was how snug and "cockpit-like" the drivers seat is, and then how it feels like it is on rails as you aim it down the road (oh, oh, oh, and that smoooth N* power!)... now this is realative to the top-heavy, loosy-goosy, rattly way in which the motorhome drives, which I guess you just get used to after a weeks worth of driving! lol

Anyway, it is good to be home!

post-3-1120923673_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

I feel that way after getting out of our Caravan after a road trip. :) I get used to the relatively sluggish V6 in the van and after getting in the Cadillac, I rocket around for a day or so to get it out of my system. :)

I drove my folks' 42-foot Monaco Dynasty coach one time. It's got a Cummins ISL diesel pushing through an Allison MD-3000 transmission. Triple axles, full air suspension on all three. I drove it from here to Northern Virginia one time and the Seville felt like a race car afterwards!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I know the feeling. everytime I'm away from my '98 STS I can't wait to get back into it. Jump in, put in the key and let the wheel, seat, and mirror all go to where "I" set them. I love it!! And the silky smooth ride. After riding in my friends Honda Accord, I knew why I love my Caddy so much. :D

IPB Image

Scott throw a picture up of your DTS

The DTS is my Dads car, but he is protesting me taking a picture of it until he spends "enough time cleaning it, that it is worth taking a picture of"

LOL

I'll get a shot up for ya as soon as the wax dries!

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Archived