CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gas Mileage

weephee

Hi Guys. I own a 99 and 2000 Seville STS. Both cars have had new fuel filters, spark plugs and the 99 has new spark plug wires. I burn high octane in both. The concern I have is the gas mileage. Both cars under ideal conditions ie. no AC on, 32 pounds pressure in the tires, driving at 65 mph get approx 22 to 23 mpg. When new they were advertised as getting 35 mpg on the highway. I have tried to find some info in these archives but haven't seen anything. I thought I had seen a poll some time ago about the mileage various members get but I can't find it. Anyway any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Did you not realize that you posted the exact same message yesterday and received 11 responses? Why waste time and start this post over? An accident?

Like folks said in the other thread, they were not advertised at 35 mpg (not 35 miles per US GALLON anyway). The window sticker was 17/26. Anywhere from 22-27 is average for an STS. An SLS usually gets a little better, anywhere from 25-30 on average. It sounds like your cars are running fine.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Did you not realize that you posted the exact same message yesterday and received 11 responses? Why waste time and start this post over? An accident?

haha. sorry to keep this post alive but I just posted in the other one.

Chris

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived