CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cassette Adapter Will Not Work

Matt

Has any one run into this before? I want to use my portable MP3 device with the cassette adapter so I can plug the wire into the device and run it through the car stereo. Every time I put the adapter into the cassette it spits it back out. Is there a way to make the adapter stay in the cassette player? Thanks.

Has any one run into this before? I want to use my portable MP3 device with the cassette adapter so I can plug the wire into the device and run it through the car stereo. Every time I put the adapter into the cassette it spits it back out. Is there a way to make the adapter stay in the cassette player? Thanks.

I had this happen last week, once I started playing music it stayed in.. try that

Thanks Scotty, I will try that lunch time. I have another question for ya but uder my AC post. Please check it out when you have time.

The cassette/CD adapters are not compatible with the '92-'95 radios.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I do the same thing with my '93 Eldo. The cassette adapter I got from Radio Shack works fine as does another one I got elsewhere. Try a different adapter first.

If all else fails there are FM adapters available. Apparently you plug the adapter into your MP3 player then tune to a specific FM frequency to get the signal.

FWIW

YMMV

DFB

Back to this again. LOL. I did think to try other adapters but they all pop back out. I guess you are right KHE, they are not going to work. I did investigate some more and found those FM transmitters. There is one in the JC Whitney catalog and Radio Shack sells 3 different models, two of wich are not made by Radio Shack.( thats a pluss) They run from 30 to 50 bucks. Just like you said, you plug the unit into the transmitter and tune to it on the car stereo. It sounds pretty good. I will try one soon..

Well it is worth a shot to try a Sony Adapter, we have the same radios. I just ordered one this AM. If it does not work, O-Well....

• 2 weeks later...

Better late then never. My Sony adapter came in early this week just before we went away. Thanks for the tip ero1220, the sony adapter works fine. Today I compared the Sony against the two I have that do not work. The Sony adapter has on one side a fake plastic tape that runs in a loop around one drive wheel inside the cassett. The other adapters do not have this. They are empty on both sides. The plastic tape is sort of spring loaded to hold it up. This must be to keep the tape deck fooled into thinking there is a " non broken " cassette in it. The deck must keep ejecting the other adapters because it thinks the tape is broken. It only cost 5.00 bucks on E-Bay. I plan on getting another one as a spare. Thanks to the board and ero1220 another problem is solved.

You will probably find that the sony will work. My neighbour went through the same thing, and sony is the only one that would work.

Big Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

I listen to my iPod through a Sony Cassette adapter on my '94 Delco/Bose Gold. Not sure about other brands, I'll have to give it a try though. I don't see why Sonys should work while others won't, they all do the same thing.

Adam

Archived