CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replenishing AC oil.....

acklac7

After I re-placed my blower motor I got a A011- High side temperature sensor code. Well it appeared as though someone had jury-rigged the wiring into the sensor...Possibly to disable it (wires were wrapped together and forced into the sensor). Anyway I went to replace the sensor and ka-blooey....there goes all the refrigerant...Got the high side temperature sensor and the high pressure switch mixed up.....yet another smooth move :(

Ok so now I need to vacuum & recharge the system, and add more AC oil. Im wondering what is the best way to go about it. The manual states that "if the total refrigerant charge is abruptly lost due to a large refrigerant leak, approximately 3 fluid ounces of refrigerant oil will be carried out of the system suspended in the refrigerant"

I just read that the entire AC system has to be evac'ed and drained in order to measure the Oil level....I have a sneaky suspicion that upon hearing of my situation most shops will want to R&R the hole system, instead of just adding the 3 ounces.....In which case should I just get the system re-charged and then add the Oil myself afterwards?

Also I was reading about a air compressor fitting that can be used to vacuum the AC system.....Anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks for helping me out with my juvenile mistakes....A.J.

A.J.

After I re-placed my blower motor I got a A011- High side temperature sensor code. Well it appeared as though someone had jury-rigged the wiring into the sensor...Possibly to disable it (wires were wrapped together and forced into the sensor). Anyway I went to replace the sensor and ka-blooey....there goes all the refrigerant...Got the high side temperature sensor and the high pressure switch mixed up.....yet another smooth move :(

Ok so now I need to vacuum & recharge the system, and add more AC oil. Im wondering what is the best way to go about it. The manual states that "if the total refrigerant charge is abruptly lost due to a large refrigerant leak, approximately 3 fluid ounces of refrigerant oil will be carried out of the system suspended in the refrigerant"

I just read that the entire AC system has to be evac'ed and drained in order to measure the Oil level....I have a sneaky suspicion that upon hearing of my situation most shops will want to R&R the hole system, instead of just adding the 3 ounces.....In which case should I just get the system re-charged and then add the Oil myself afterwards?

Also I was reading about a air compressor fitting that can be used to vacuum the AC system.....Anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks for helping me out with my juvenile mistakes....A.J.

Just have the shop add 3 ozs of PAG-150 oil to the system and charge it to the factory specs. and it will be fine.

Forget about those "air vacuum pumps" they are incapable of pulling enough of a vacuum to evacuate all the moisture from the system. In addition, your air compressor will run contunuously which is not good for the life of the air compressor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived